Concerto Competition Rules
- Students in 7th through 12th grades are eligible to enter, and must be enrolled in the Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Courtland, Cayuga, Oneida, Herkimer, Tompkins County school districts. Home schooled students who live in those districts are welcome.
- A contestant must play a piece from the Repertoire List from memory. There are no exceptions to this.
- A contestant must provide an accompanist and must audition in person. No tapes are permitted.
- Two clean copies of the scores must be provided for the judges’ use. These must be purchased editions; photocopies are illegal and will not be allowed.
- At the discretion of the judges, contestants may be interrupted or subjected to time restrictions during their competition round.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Contestants may indicate a time preference for their assigned slot, as long as it is within the time section for their instrument. Requests are honored whenever possible.
- Parents, teachers and friends are encouraged to attend. The day’s events are always open to the public. Courtesy dictates that audience enter quietly between performances while the judges complete their evaluation notes.
Please read these regulations carefully and refer to them as you prepare for the competition.
You will be notified as to your audition time.